Endodontic referrals in Birmingham
Why refer patients for endodontics?
- Endodontic treatments can be complex and very time consuming - difficult to fit in the busy working day for a GDP
- Endodontics is a very high area of litigation and legal claims against dentists -it must be completed to the highest GDC guidelines at all times
- Due to time and materials costs, root canal treatment often has to be done at a loss to the general dentist
- Many endodontic cases require specialist equipment (e.g microscope) to complete to a satisfactory standard
Why refer to Birmingham Dental Referrals Group?
- We have and use the latest endodontic equipment and materials
- The fees are competitive and reflect case complexity and surgery time
- We offer a professional but also relaxed and friendly environment to your patients
- Dr Edwards has considerable experience in both teaching endodontics and accepting endodontic referrals in practice
Roger Hawkin, Catshill Dental Practice
You will be kept up to date with treatment progress and letters/ reports will be sent to you at appropriate stages throughout the treatment.
The referral process
Your dentist will send a referral to our team
You will be contacted immediately to arrange a convenient appointment date
A personalised treatment plan and outline of fees will be given
Treatment will be carried out and correspondence will be sent to your referring dentist
Our consultants can help.
Book your consultation...
You can either be referred by your dentist, in which case we will contact you when a referral letter is received or you can self -refer where you can call us for a consultation or preferably fill out our online self referral form.
The consultation fee is £95, at which an examination is done, relevant x-rays are taken and an estimate of costs can be provided
Dr Ben Edwards BDS, MSC Endodontics
GDC number: 71759
Dr Edwards graduated from Birmingham dental school in 1996. He then spent many years in general dental practice and was involved in teaching newly qualified dentists in the west midlands vocational training scheme from 2006-2013. He gained a post-graduate qualification in medical education with distinction in 2010 and went on to complete a masters degree in endodontics (root canal) in 2014. He taught endodontics at Birmingham dental hospital in 2015/16 and has been accepting referrals in this field since 2012. He strives for excellence in his clinical work but also provides a relaxed and friendly environment for his patients. In his free time, he enjoys socialising, going to the gym and spending time with his family.
Practice limited to root canal (endo)
Endodontic re-treatment of lower right first molar
The patient was referred to Dr Edwards for endodontic re-treatment of LR6 which had been slightly symptomatic and requires a new crown. Radiographs showed a poor existing root filling and significant peri-apical inflammation.Read the case study